Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rehearsal Last Night

first of all...I don't know if my blogger editor is fucked but I can't write titles. There's no box above this editor that says "title", so I'm just writing a title in the content box. Anyone know anything I can do to sort this out? echo...echo...echo

It would help if people actually read your blog, Sam.

Anyway. I don't care if no one reads this. I find it quite therapeutic to write stuff down.

Rehearsals last night were the best they've ever been. We used to always just rehearse the set and never really give ourselves time to work on new material. Last night we worked on a new song "All I Need To Know" and I recorded it on minidisc. It sounds quite good actually. I was worried the song was never going to come together because it centers around this Kinks -esque riff that's quite strong and there's no real vocal melody. In the beginning it was quite boring but more parts have been written and chords have been moved around a bit and finally there's a song.

We also worked on a new hook/riff that I wrote yesterday. It sounded great. It's got a kind of Off beat/ ska feel to it. I wrote some lyrics to it yesterday too with the title 'You're stronger than you think you are' but after hearing it back with the full band playing, I think it's back to the drawing board in terms of words. I don't think the lyrics suit the feel of the music. I'll put these lyrics to something else one day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey Quinn said...

Hey Sam. Just saw you perform on "In the Attic" and I'm very impressed. Thought I'd post on your blog and say good job.

12:48 AM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

I enjoyed it as well. You sounded great!
Ali

12:50 AM  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Hello there Sam! I'm kevin from los angeles, and I really liked that song you played "In the Attic." Not many people read my blog either but I use it as a medium to vent all sorts of thoughts. Don't worry about things you write that you think sound bad. Let the listener decide, because everything I write I think sounds like some arrogant little shit who can't write music for beans. Well, keep on truckin'!

-Kevin.

P.S. I am trying to save money to buy your CD.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

heard the Vibrants "in the attic". Jolly good stuff! Hope to hear you in my CD player in the near future. Great harmony vocals!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

samuelle!!!! you wore a bathrobe! Boooo!!!!

i can't believe giles not inviting you to his sleep-overs the swine!!

i tell you what,..........you're top of the list for my next one, but we may want to wax your legs okay? ;)

xx

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home