Thursday, November 10, 2005

University Gig

- hope people who have ordered our EP have got them! Hope you like it! It sounds different to what you heard on 'In The Attic' doesn't it? Some of you may prefer the softer acoustic approach and some of you may prefer the full band, rock and roll approach. All the songs are written on an acoustic guitar and when I bring them to the band we pull the song apart, add bits and inject the song with energy and passion. One of the questions we always ask ourselves when developing a song in the rehearsal room is 'does it make you want to kick things?'. If the answer is 'yes', ...Great.

We've got a gig tomorrow at De Montfort University, Leicester. Leicester is about 2 hours north of London in the midlands. Like I said in my previous blog, we like university gigs because there is a crowd already there and we don't have to round up the troops in order to please a 'promoter'. We were hoping to play another new song tomorrow night but it ain't finished yet. It's nearly there. The music is in place. The verses and the bridges are good. I'm looking for a hook/chorus. The one I've written, I've got my doubts about. We REALLY NEED THAT CHORUS! The one that everyone will sing back!

You know I said about the Swans in the FA Cup last week and on paper we should win 10-0? Well...we fucking lost 2-0...and Wales got thumped in the rugby. Bad day all round. (Who cares Sam?).

11 Comments:

Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Sam,

We can (the fans) create some noise over on Rachels that we would like you back!! How is that! Have not recieved the CD's yet. They are swimming here I bet.

Take care and look forward to seeing you, hopefully tonight! I will announce it! Thanks :)

Molly

1:34 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

The CD's should be there very soon! I know some people have received them and I think they all went out on the same day. Our manager posted them.

Definitely make some noise! We'd love to do the show again but it's better to be invited than to just turn up!

cheers

sam x

1:38 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

I just made LOTS of noise! LOL on Rachels and some frequent fans who chat every time. Two of them emailed me asking if you REALLY are going to chat. Oh they are so excited...guess you better show up now! heh heh!

I am looking forward to the CD! You guys rock!

If you come to chat be prepared to answer where you will be playing and gigs etc...That is what everyone asks about you guys and this is where I got the idea to invite you to join us! What a fantastic way to gain fans from all over! All about the PR!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

total Blog crazed here! just wanted to tell you I LOVE BULLET! WoW that song is so ME!!

now I am your newest crazed fan. Can I give the CD to some local radio companies I have pull at? How about some promo cds to hand off to them. This music is SO Salt Lake City. There actually is a HUGE punk scene here. Not that you are entirely punk but your sounds is SO our city.

I think I need to be slapped for blogging to you too much here!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Yes it is at 7pm your time and goes usually for 2 hours sometime a bit over. Usually on Wednesdays but I guess today is an exception.

Thanks and hope to see you then. I will link you on my blog to promote more traffic to you!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

THANKS so much for joining us. I know you were busy preparing for your gig! I just LOVE your music. Sent me to another spot, hehehe

Take care and talk to you soon!

Molly

5:03 AM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Sam,

Got the Cd and it really has some energy. I love the little white container it came in. Very crafty and better than a jewel case. The Attic should do an electric show with all The Vibrants. I will do a little promoting on the sly here, and maybe the band can come over and play a while.

2:56 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Hi Sam,
Just wanted to let you know, I ordered CD on monday. Don't know how much in cost me in US dollars, but I trust you.
I can't wait to listen to it full blast on surround sound!
Missed you on The ATTIC. I tried to step in for a chat, but I couldn't get in. I'm a spaz!
What needs to happen to get the Vibrants over to the US? Does your management have any projections? If you need any help picking venues, let me know (East Coast)
Wishing all the best for you
I'll be giving you my sub err objective view of the CD.
Be well!
xx
sue

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Rugby, eh? I like that sport, but its not on tv very much over here. sucks your teams lost. I know how it feels, haha.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Sam, hope the gig in Leicester went well and your new song is coming along.

I received the CD today and am loving it. Thank you.

I'll be in UK Dec 2 - 13th, hopefully I'll be able to catch one of your shows.

1:52 AM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Sam,
Got the CD Friday, it's great!
Can't wait for a full length CD.
Cheers,
AndyW

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home