Monday, November 14, 2005

Leicester

- The gig we did on Friday @ De Montfort Uni was truly a great gig if we do say so ourselves.

We got there at about 7pm to soundcheck and I immediately took full advantage of the £1 a drink offer. I needed it after the journey up. The weather was atrociouss and there was the usual Friday night traffic. I didn't drive. Steve (bass) drove so he probably needed that pint more than me!

The other band we played with were called The Screening. I was saying in a previous post about the (lack of) quality of bands we'd played with at wimbledon, well I'm glad to say that The Screening are a quality band. They were Leicester boys so they had a few people down to support them. We had a few to see us too mind.

After we soundchecked, we needed to eat so Ollie, the guy who organised the night, pointed us in the direction of 'Pizza king'. Don't know what they put on this pizza but it did my stomach in big time. I felt rotten. Not ideal preparation for a gig!

Anyway, I snapped out of it and we ended up going on stage at about 10:40pm. By this time the room was pretty busy. We must have played in front of about 400-500 people. Geoff, our manager, had this idea that he wanted to make the start of our show have more impact. So I went on stage first with the lights down and just played E minor for about a minute while the other boys walked on stage. The lights came on and we went into 'New Way'. How dramatic! i think it worked.

i think the crowd of students enjoyed the gig. There were some people dancing on the chairs. There was one kid with a pierced lip and a Ramones T shirt that was going mental! He was a bit OTT, I don't know if he was being ironic or he actually enjoyed the show.

After the show we sold a few CDs and spoke to a few people, even signed some autographs! We've been invited back to play there again.Hopefullyy in January.

All in all. Success!! Really enjoyed it!

Had an early start on Saturday morning too. Me and my brother, Joe, went to watch the football. Swansea played at Southend. Top of the table clash! We won 2-1!!!!! What a weekend! :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

A Pint and Driving and Pizza! WOW sounds like a full night! How fun. Glad you enjoyed yourself even if a bit on the queasey side.

Si thinks we have a thing going here. Don't tell him but you have replaced my secret crush. Just promise you will be kind to me if I act like the lip pierced dude who was mental ;) I promise I won't bite! lol

3:24 PM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Sam,
Thanks for the comments on my lyrics. I to have been writing my first record my entire life. It's frustrating and fun all at the same time. My wife loved the music and really enjoyed your guitar playing(she notices that stuff because I play guitar) and your singers great voice.

3:47 PM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

I am glad to hear it went so well and the quality of band playing with you was better. Sounds like fun.
Ali

5:40 PM  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

rock out!

12:28 AM  
Blogger musicmikey said...

I can't believe you were down in Southend, and Southend lost, well that's not that supprising, I suppose. I used to go and watch Southend play years ago. Glad you had a good gig the other night, I've just got your CD, that I left at the studio the other week. I'll have a listen. Thanks mate.
mikey

12:37 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Sam I got a wonderful email from your manager and told him to tell you hello. I guess my CD's are NOW on their way! I am very excited.

Hope this finds you well! We are doing the Chat tomorrow, however I will be about a half hour late due to taking my daughter to Ballet. But I hope to see you then we would love to have you as our special guest again!!!

Molly

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Cool, sounds like you guys are having a blast.
Never eat before a gig!
The last gig I played (30 people!)started out kinda the same. They put me onstage alone with a sampler that I 'played' until the rest of the group came on. Then we drove all but 10 people from the building! HA!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Geoff's email was very sweet but it was sent to my personal email which is top secret!! It is not even the one associated with this one so SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry you are hungover LOL that is cute! Hope that you feel better! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOW old are you? 20? hehehehe.

Have a great meeting and thanks for informing me. If you happen to be free pop in!

1:56 PM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

Saw it was your birthday. Hope it was a great one!
Ali

5:02 PM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

So, you are saying that it was better than the "day after." Lots of water and sleep. ;^)
Ali

6:10 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

So how old then?

10:25 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Oh Sam we shall have to Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher it...I am many years older than you!

Be my cabana boy?

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home