Friday, November 18, 2005

France & Manchester

I'm going to France today with my girlfriend, Tess. Visiting my Dad, his wife and my 2 year old brother, Jack.

He's got a place in the middle of nowhere. A place called La Souterrain. Doesn't that mean 'The Underground'? It's a big house and there's lots of land around it. Lots of land! There's a shed/barn in the garden that I'll convert in to a recording studio one day.

I'm looking forward to the trip. I'm going by plane. Unlike a lot of people, I like flying. It'll be a nice relaxing couple of days. Nice food, Red wine etc...

I get back on Monday and then on Tuesday, I've got a gig in Manchester.

We're doing this charity gig all in aid of The Laura Crane Trust, a charity that deals with youth cancer. Check it out at www.lauracranetrust.org

Tony Wilson is presenting the night. Some people may know who he is but for those of you who don't: Tony Wilson kickstarted the Manchester music scene. He created Factory records who discovered bands such as Joy Division, New Order and Happy Mondays. These bands are very well known in UK. Not sure if they're heard of in US.

Anyway. It'll be a quality gig. We're playing with some great bands. The Whiskeycats and Serotonin.

We were meant to be doing a BBC Manchester Radio Interview after the gig but it got cancelled because a band called Elbow have given us the elbow. We're welcome back anytime. We just need another gig in Manchester to be able to talk about.

I finished that song. It's called 'First Move' and we're debuting it at Tuesdays gig.

Cheers

5 Comments:

Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

I keep getting all these emails from your band telling me that I can get a discount on gig's with the cover charge and sadly I am accross the pond! SOMEDAY! Perhaps in the Spring if all goes as planned and I come to visit. Other countries becon first!

So Cabana Boy...better not mess up your duties! I have just posted a pic of my last Cabana boy and you see what happened to him!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Joy Division was an inspiration. Tragic story but the music was great.
Hope yer trip to France is uneventful!

1:50 PM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

See, I know New Order and Happy Mondays but I am not familliar with Joy Division. I'll look them up.
Have a great weekend.
Ali

3:28 PM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Looking forward to hearing 'First Move'.

Your dad's place sounds similar to my parents. Six acres of woods and plenty of red wine.

Have a blast!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Sam, I just posted a new MP3 from 1982, it's a rocker, I thought you might enjoy. I was heavy into The Jam at the time. Plum Flower Dripping

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home