Friday, February 17, 2006

Fruit Fly...

...We played in Westbourne Park last night at a old working man's club called Woody's. It was the launch of Fruit Fly which is our manager, Geoff and another guy, Oli Wilson's venture. The night's been successful in East London so they thought they'd take it west.

It was a great gig and I believe we had some industry there that are interested!! Fingers crossed. I wasn't in the best frame of mind. My grandfather died yesterday morning. A big blow for me. It was difficult to put it out of my mind and perform but I feel I did Ok.

Bloggers Mark T, Jill and Marietta came to the show. Marietta it was good to meet you. Mark and Jill, you haven't missed many gigs in the last couple of months have you!!! Very much appreciated! I'm really sorry I didn't have much of a chance to talk more. After the show I unloaded the equipment and left pretty sharpish because I had the offer of a lift from Tess, my girlfriend. Hope to see you all again at a show soon.

I had a singing lesson on Tuesday!! It's weird because I always thought I could sing but now I know I've never sung properly. My instructor Nikki Lambourne is friends with Roger Daltrey and Simon Townshend and has shared a stage with them on many occasion. Her band, Never The Bride went on tour with The Who in '97 I believe. A few more of these lessons and I'll be like Pavarotti. I need to eat a few more pies first though.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Hi Sam (or shall I say Luciano!!)

Last night was fab! I think you are REALLY REALLY good, I loved it and it was great meeting you, even for these...30 seconds. I had to run after you finished, I barely caught my last train!

I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. It was very brave for you to go on stage last night...
I hope the lessons go well and I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

xoxoxo
M

2:03 PM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

I am so sorry about your grandfather! Then to have to play that same night. It always seems strange that life just keeps moving, as it should.

Glad the PR worked in your favor. Once you get them in the door, they're all yours. Then you can work your magic.

Good luck with the singing lessons. You are on your own with the pies though. I only bake for my children, and ONLY when MANDITORY.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

It's nice to have that training but I have a little trouble picturing you in Maddam Butterfly!

Condolences on your Grandfather.

Hey, come to MySpace, I got a player now and you should check out the new Frappe Dreamgate piece I just finished with AndyW, Jungle Jane & Woden from Electric Tiger.
We'd love to do a Frappe Dreamgate piece with YOU. Any chance???

2:23 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Hi Sam, good to see you Thursday. Don't worry about not having time to chat, it's not a problem. We really enjoyed the bands performance. Really sorry to hear about your grandfather, lifes crap sometimes. I've said it before but you guys really have that certain something and I'm sure that it will pay off. I'd love to have singing lessons. I've sung the odd song with a couple of bands in the past and do the odd Karaoke now and again. Haven't done much Blogging recently as we moved house and I'm waiting for Broadband to be installed. We're on dial up at the moment and I get impatient with it. Well that's it for the moment. See you soon. Mark

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Sam, forgot to mention, no problem using the collage. Mark

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Sam, I am working on a really beautiful piece of music for a lyric I got from Andy called Moon Light. What I'd like to do is send you the track (have to record it first) and give you free reign with the thing.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Hi Sam,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grand Father passing away. My sincere condolences to you friend.

Good going hooking up with the voice coach. It's amazing when one shows us how to sing properly. My voice coach is on CD, but I find it revealing and sometimes frustrating when I play it, but something I know I need to keep at to get results.

Am a bit miffed we can't come and see more of your shows, but you know we will be right there if you tour America and come to LA.

My best to you.

4:59 AM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Sam,
Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Would love to have you work with us over at Frappe Dreamgate. We'll help you put those singing lessons to the test.

6:11 PM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Very sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Sounds like the band is getting noticed. That is a good thing.
Keep your chin up, your Grandfather is proud of you.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home