Monday, January 09, 2006

We have gigs!...

...We had our band meeting and discussed what shows we had coming up.

I couldn't wait for the meeting to be honest. I know it was only 2 weeks we hadn't all been together because of xmas but to me it seemed like an eternity. I need to be rehearsing and gigging. It's what I do! I get bored when I'm not doing band stuff. Don't get me wrong, I can relax and I like holidays but I need that buzz and excitement.

We all met in the Grey Horse in Kingston Upon Thames and chatted about our holidays, what we got up to etc and then got down to business.

So first things first, Here are the gigs that we have coming up:

Saturday 11th Feb - University of Bath.

Thursday 16th Feb - Fruit Fly @ Woody's, Notting Hill.

Thursday 23rd Feb - Roehampton University, London

Tuesday 7th March - The Fez Club, Putney, London

Friday 17th March - Hope & Anchor, Islington, London

As I've said before, University gigs are my favorite ones because there's about a 90% chance it'll be busy. Students are a good crowd to play to as well. They get pissed and have a laugh and don't listen too critically!

We've got something interesting coming up on Monday 23rd January. Firetrap, a clothing brand, have approached us to model their new denim line at a launch party. What we're meant to do is just rehearse whilst wearing their denim and people, buyers etc can walk around us and inspect the clothes. Should be fun. It's a free rehearsal! In fact, we'll be getting paid and getting free clothes. I don't buy new clothes anymore. I get most of my clothes 2nd hand off eBay or from vintage 2nd hand stores in East London or Covent Garden. But if clothes are free, I'm not going to turn them down. I hope the denim looks good and they don't sew unnecessary patches on or make fake rips etc.

We're releasing "New Way" on iTunes at the end of February! I'll download it 50 times (79p a download) to get it up the charts. We've got a PR company working with us now as well. It's all getting exciting! There's even talk of us going out and doing some gigs in Japan. There's a Japanese label interested in us. Of course we'll be coming over to the States as soon as we can as well!

I've got a few new songs in the pipeline. I few ideas I've got running through my head that need to be pulled out and put in to lyrics and music. We need to write more songs as a band because we're due to release an album at the end of 2006. I thought that I may make a myspace page for songs that don't fit The Vibrants remit. A lot of the time I write songs that just don't suit what the band are trying to do but they still aren't bad songs. Just as pictures and paintings need a gallery, maybe these songs need to be listened to. I don't know...

It's going to be a good year. Fingers crossed. I'll enjoy it whatever happens.

9 Comments:

Blogger AlianaDrex said...

Sounds very exciting! If there are any songs you would like to share, send them on. I would love to hear them. Fingers crossed for a good year all around.
xx
Ali

4:03 PM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Great news for you guys Sam.

It sounds like it already is a good year.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Hi Sam, really good news Sam. You and the guys have got that certain something that works. Don't know what it's called but you guys have it. We will certainly catch you at some of the gigs. Great stuff. Mark

8:47 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

That would be cool to have a MySpace just for alternative material, great idea.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Absolutely pursue your material inside and outside the band Sam. Never paint yourself into a corner!

I didn't see Minnesota on your list of upcoming shows. I'm sure that's a disapointment for you, but we're not that far from Japan!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Oh, please come and play your music in souther california! I'd be the first person to buy a ticket. Free jeans AND you get paid? Right-on! Yeah, I can't stand pre-ripped/faded pants. It gives people a false image. I hope you hit Japan and the states soon! Keep on making good music!

-Kevin

2:50 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Sam - I sent a friend request a few days ago on MySpace. Can you approve me please.

Also, I posted a new tune called baby teeth to my power chords blog. It's kind of mellow, but thought you might like to listen.

Gary's Music Blog

8:10 PM  
Blogger Kevin Seegan said...

Good to hear the news about the gig in Pennsylvania, I hope you have a good one here in the states! Thanks for the tip, I'll check out ebay. My dad is getting me a guitar for my birthday (feb. 5th) if my grades are up, and I am considering geting a Les Paul or SG or something. Out of curiosity, what is your setup? (guitar, strings, amp etc.)

I might have to visit a relative in Pittsburgh, but I don't know yet so I am not getting my hopes up too much on seeing you guys play. Keep the good music flowing.

-Kevin

6:53 PM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

It's good to get on with things. Hope you got your guitar back in order. Glad to hear more music will be available also. Take care.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home