Thursday, December 22, 2005

Winding Down...

...Just got back from the gig tonight and like after most gigs I find it hard to go straight to sleep. My head still goes over what happened, the good things, the bad things. I kind of evaluate the gig and then rate it out of ten. Tonight's score was high! 8/10. I broke a f##king string again. The same one. D string. I'm going to take the guitar in and get it set up tomorrow. I don't need it now til the new year.

So, I'm sitting here writing, just cracked open a cold beer. I was driving tonight and had to lug a load of equipment so I didn't have anything to drink. Maybe 1 pint when I came off stage. I'm just writing the first things that come in to my head! I'll make some sense of it some other time.

The gig was at 333, a venue on Old Street, East London. It's a well known club but it's famous for DJ's and club nights rather than housing bands so I was surprised to see when I turned up that there was a stage. It looked pretty cool. Dark, drab, smelly. Just how I like it!

Parking around that area is a fkucing nightmare! On Hoxton Square it's controlled between 7am - 11pm and it's £1 for every 15 mins. £4 and hour! I got there at 6pm. If I'd have parked there it would have been £20!! No Chance. After I unloaded the gear into the venue, I found somewhere that was only controlled until 7pm and that was £2 and hour. Result.

After we soundchecked we went for a bite to eat at a place called Shish. They do Kebabs and stuff like that. Good scran.

We went on stage at 10pm. Played a half hour set. Thought it went really well.

The East London crowd is normally quite difficult. They think they're a bit too cool for school. We've done gigs where we finish a song, expect a clap or a cheer and don't get anything! Not even a "booo". Give us something!!!! Tonight was different. We had people coming up to us after the show telling us it was great, asking where we were playing next etc. Success. Hopefully when we play East London again, we can drag a few converts along.

It's half one in the morning! I don't need to get up early tomorrow though. Winding down for Christmas.

I've done all my shopping. I can sit back and relax (for relax read get drunk and eat loads).

I did all my shopping online this year. eBay is the way. I've had deliveries every day and all parcels have arrived now. I'm really looking forward to the next week or so. Doing the family thing.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

17 Comments:

Blogger AlianaDrex said...

Glad you found something to write about. That is great that the show went so well. Wish I could see you play. Your cd has barely left my cd player. I even made a ringtone from one of the songs, which was pretty cool. I, however, am still waiting for the last gift to arrive from an ebay seller. It is my daughter's Roland Micro cube. Hopefully it will get here in time for Christmas. Have a great one.
Ali

7:41 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

eBay Rocks and Relax, Read, Get Drunk and Eat Loads sounds mighty fine to me!!

Still waiting for my drink my dear!!

X-Molly

10:25 AM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

By the way...Ali is giving me the Ringtone she made of your song...I am WAY excited. We are your screaming front row babes/fans for sure!! (flashing may possibly be included LOL) (jk)

10:26 AM  
Blogger AndyW said...

I'd take a rating of 8 out of 10! My shoppings done too. Now I just need to listen to all my old demos and recordings and find something new to post on my blog.

Merry Christmas

4:42 PM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

The string saddle on the bridge is probably gotten a sharp spot. A little fine grit sandpaper and it is fixed.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Sounds like a great gig. Hope you have an excellent Christmas Sam and 2006 holds lots and lots of excitement, maybe even a little N. American touring.

Cool photo huh. Photo is not doctored in any way, the sky really was like that. It was similar this morning, but I was a bit late with the camera. It does that when we have storms coming in. Had been getting up really really early lately since we got back. Am feeling much better today.

All the best.

5:56 PM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

Yes, It is the Roland practice amp. Sounds great. lot of great effects. I think she will love it.
Ali

10:43 PM  
Blogger JoeBoy said...

Ben is signed with ATO, it is part of RCA. He has done well with his music.
He has a widespread fan base. I will get him to check out your EP. I think he is on track to be in the studio early 2006. He will probably be out touring in the spring.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Mark T said...

Hi Sam, have a great Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year. All the seasons very best wishes, Mark and Jill.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

Happy Christmas Sam!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Merry Christmas today to you my Cabana Boy...

Rock on and have a fab day! I have several CD's of yours I am giving as gifts to very deserving people!!

XX-Molly

10:38 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Merry Ho Ho Sam

Have a rockin 2006.

7:30 PM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Sam,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Hope to see you and your band here in the States in 2006.
Cheers,
AndyW

6:21 PM  
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

New blog Cabana Boy! Besides it is New Years and I need my drink refilled !

X-Molly

8:14 AM  
Blogger AlianaDrex said...

Hope the new year brings you all things wonderful!
Ali

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Have a fantastic New Year Sam.

I had send a MySpace friend request to Vibrants. Foy Vance is my only other friend presently, would be cool to have The Vibrants and Casbah Club too.

New strings going on the Rickenbacker for a little R&R later tonight.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Marietta Zervou said...

Have a fantastic and indeed very successful New Year, Sam and The Vibrants!

Hope I see you perform soon!

xoxoxo
M

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home